J+ BOOSTER 2 Portable EV Charging Station at SEMA Show
25 October 2023
Juice Americas Inc., the U.S. subsidiary of Swiss-based Juice Technology AG – the market leader in portable chargers for electric vehicles (EVs) – today announced participation in the prestigious SEMA Show 2023. The annual SEMA Show is the epicenter of innovation for the automotive aftermarket and restyling industries, and Juice Americas will be holding a press conference on site to spotlight the J+ BOOSTER 2.
Taking place in the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center, the SEMA Show is where industry professionals and enthusiasts gather every November to explore cutting-edge restyling products, discover the latest car-care technologies, meet renowned celebrities, and witness thrilling product demonstrations.
The press conference at SEMA Show 2023 is scheduled for Wednesday, November 1, at 9:30 a.m. and will be held at ICD Design Booth #24521. ICD DESIGN, LLC, has been a leading manufacturer and supplier of innovative products and solutions in the automotive, 4x4, commercial vehicle and electromobility markets since 2017, offering high-quality products. During this event, Michael Boehm, managing director of Juice Americas will demonstrate the J+ BOOSTER 2.
The highly robust J+ BOOSTER 2 portable charger is optimally designed for charging electric vehicles in the home garage as well as on the road. It features simplicity and ease of use and supports all EV manufacturers and vehicle models through a versatile range of NEMA-compliant adapters. Unique in its kind, the "Swiss Army Knife" of EV charging devices promises to make EV charging more accessible and convenient for all.
J+ BOOSTER 2 – Features and Benefits:
- Socket Compatibility: The versatile J+ BOOSTER 2 charging station enables EVs to charge from any conventional household or industrial socket-outlet throughout North America.
- Power Input: The power input options cover all supply current variants, either 120 V or 240 V, and from 6 to 40 amps.
- NEMA Compliant: This charging device offers six available adapters compliant with the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) standards (NEMA 5-15, NEMA 5-20, NEMA TT-30, NEMA 6-50, NEMA 14-50 and NEMA 6-15), and all are equipped for automatic detection of socket input current. The NEMA 5-15, NEMA 6-15, and NEMA 5-20 adapter plugs are also fitted with the J+ CELSIUS temperature monitoring system.
- Ruggedized Durability: The in-cable control box is waterproof and dustproof (to protection rating IP 67), can be used within an ambient temperature range of -22°F to 122°F (-30°C to 50°C), and is driveover-resistant to wheel loads of up to 6,600 lbs. (3 metric tons).
- Safety: The J+ CELSIUS temperature sensor installed directly at the plug pins protects socket-outlets against overheating. The residual current device integrated into the J+ BOOSTER 2 for fault current protection eliminates the need to install any expensive DC residual current device in the home – saving users considerable extra expense.
- Certified according to UL standards: All electrical devices in the United States and Canada must be safety-certified in accordance with specified national requirements. One authorized testing and certification company is ETL Intertek (Germany). They test products, components, materials and systems according to UL standards to determine whether they meet specific standards. J+ BOOSTER 2 has been certified according to UL standards and bears the certification mark UL2594 for electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) as well as UL2231-1 and -2 for personnel protection for EVSE in full compliance with the two international standards IEC 62196 and IEC 61851-1 and the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive.