Gotion and InoBat to develop battery packs and cells for electric vehicles
8 February 2023
On February 5, Gotion High-Tech, the innovative manufacturer of batteries and energy storage solutions in China , signed a Memorandum of Understanding with InoBat, the Pioneering European provider of premium EV batteries, to explore joint venture opportunities to revolutionize EV batteries and energy storage technologies, including the joint development of a gigafactory with 40 GWh cell and pack production capacity.
With technical superiority, complementary capabilities and a shared spirit of sustainability, Gotion and InoBat will seek ways to work together on several key issues of common interest, such as:
- co-development of a JV gigafactory with a cell and pack production capacity of 40 GWh to support EV applications, with the CEE region being one of the regions under consideration
- technical cooperation based on the respective advantages of both parties of LFP and NMC batteries
- co-development of the potential for the production of ESS batteries at the existing InoBat facilities in Slovakia, allowing rapid access to the European market
- technology and trade partnership in facility operations
- investigation of recycling concepts for production scrap and end-of-life batteries
Through the post-MoU cooperation, InoBat will benefit from Gotion's expertise in electrical storage solutions ("ESS"), while Gotion will benefit from InoBat's existing manufacturing sites and extensive market connections in Europe to facilitate the internationalization of Gotion. By working together in areas of mutual benefit, both companies aim to engineer new and exciting technologies to accelerate the global charge toward a green energy future.