The World of Autopilot in Automotives
An autopilot is a technology used to control an aircraft without constant 'hands-on'. But, the latest autopilots are about to hit the road. The revolution of the autopilot in automotive is vastly growing. Most of the automotive companies are competing to achieve the driverless car. Tesla is almost to hit the mark with Google's Waymo following on its tail end, should look forward to updates, to know who firsts the race.
Tesla's hunger for full and final length autopilot enhancing safety measures is on its way adding the latest features up to date. it had collaborated with various companies to develop a safe autopilot. Forbye model x and model s, Model 3 possess an enhanced custom Tesla-designed autopilot with utmost safety. Model 3.0 includes a custom Tesla-designed processor relating application-specific integrated circuits (ASIC) chips. Tesla claimed that the new operations would process 2,000 frames per second, 10 times more robust than hardware 2.5. The firm described it as a "neural network accelerator". In a crash testing, it received a five-starred rating in every level from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Recently an over Air update for Florida's Tesla users saved a life, helping to evacuate the Hurricane Irma impacted area. The update increased the battery capacity by 5kw to help them travel more distance than the usual.
Latest Updates on Tesla
• Elon Musk breaks ground in China for a new manufacturing unit, which stands as the first unit out of US.
• Elon Musk said that Tesla would mark its footsteps in India in the second half of 2019.
• Elon Musk announced a full refund on a seven-day return policy for the buyers who bought Model 3 without a test drive.
• Elon Musk recently tweeted " Anyone who purchased full self-driving will get FSD computer upgrade for free. This is the only change between Autopilot HW2.5 & HW3. Going forward “HW3” will just be called FSD Computer, which is accurate. No change to vehicle sensors or wire harness needed. This is v important."
• A data researcher said that the security of the data is very low in the Car Tech jobs, they can be easily hacked.
• Tesla also said that it would be built its own logistic vehicles for its cars transportation.
• Tesla's latest autopilot update alert drivers on red lights.
• Existing Model 3 Performance owners will be able to free unlimited Supercharging next to Model S, Model X and Model 3 Performance orders.
• Tesla and Fiat-Chrysler (FCA) had a deal to pool their formation together in Europe to end the emission requirement fines.
• Tesla said that its new Model S and Model X vehicles are now compatible with its new CCS (Combined charging system) adapter that is now available and it will shortly offer retrofits for older vehicles.
Waymo is a project started by Google's parent company Alphabet. It's a project started in 2009 enhancing the technology towards the self driving car or a driverless car. Google has been running a test on its model car on US roads, it's yet to be tested in the UK and shared some details about how its self-driving cars work. It has a rotating roof-top LiDAR a camera that uses an array of 32 or 64 lasers to estimate the distance to the objects to build a 3D map at a range of 200m, allowing the car to mark the hazards. It also has a standard camera that looks through the windscreen. This also points nearby hazards such as pedestrians, cyclists and other motorists and to read road signs and detect traffic signals.
Google's self driving car can easily identify a bike and know that if the cyclist stretches an arm, they intend to make a manoeuvre. Then it knows to slow down and give the bike enough space to operate safely. Waymo’s mission is to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around and aim to deliver fully self-driving technology to the world.
Latest updates on waymo
• Waymo is a technology that drives the car on a self driving mode
• Waymo and Jaguar have partnered to develop the world's first fully self-driving Jaguar.
• Waymo and lyft are partnered to improve the passengers efficiency.
• Waymo partnered with FCA to make cars for waymo
Many Auto maker companies are busy in building their own autonomous vehicle. Companies include Daimlers Mercedes Benz partnering with Bosch, Volvo, BMW, Faraday Future, Lexus, Audi, Nissan, Cadillac, Infiniti etc.