This brand new report that examines the developments and opportunities opening up to automotive manufacturing in the Middle East and Africa. Focusing on those countries in the region where vehicle and component production are most advanced: Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Morocco and South Africa, the report assesses the economic and investment landscapes for each with analysis of industry drivers, infrastructure developments, IHS country risk analysis, vehicle production volumes and supply chain growth.
Vehicle production is still nascent in the MEA region, and IHS estimates that in 2014, 1.9 million vehicles were produced in the MEA region (excluding Iraq, for which no vehicle production data is available), an increase of 20.3% from the previous year. This is small, when compared to the five vehicle producing nations in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), which is made up of Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam, which produced four million vehicles in 2014, with Thailand alone producing 1.9 million vehicles. In terms of market size, the five ASEAN countries together have a population 534.7 million and the six MEA region countries a population of 321.1 million. This means that there is still plenty of upside for growth in the automotive industry in the MEA region.
The report examines the following:
- MEA Region Economies
- Investment Climate
- Utilities Supply and Infrastructure
- Vehicle Ownership
- Car Makers
- Vehicle Exports
- Investments in Automotive
- Supply Chain Growth
- Emissions and Vehicle Safety
Furthermore, the report includes detailed company profiles of 82 supplier companies in the region providing detail on product portfolio, general strategy, joint ventures, investments, contracts, manufacturing footprint, financial overview (where available) and outlook.
About the Middle East and Africa
Key Topics Covered:
1. Middle East & Africa Automotive & Supplier Market Overview
- Big Variation among MEA Region Economies
- Mixed Investment Climates
- Stable Infrastructure Still a Bottleneck
- Economic Growth Important in Increasing VehicleOwnership
- Marked Differences in Automotive Industries
2. Overview of the Six Automotive Industries
- The Region Dominated by French Carmakers
- Vehicle Exports Growing in Some Markets
- Investments in the Automotive Industry in the MEA Region
- Supplier Chain Growth Variance by Country
- Emissions and Vehicle Safety Issues not in the forefront
3. Mixed Outlook: Plenty of Opportunities
4. Supplier Profiles
About Research and Markets:
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.