1. Being in the industry for 22 years now, how does it feel to be well specialized and esteemed in the industry?
I feel very privileged to be part of this Aluminium Extrusion Industry. When I started this industry, Aluminium extrusion was at very nascent stage. The only thing which was at hindrance during that time was M.S. material and steel material. It was a difficult period for Aluminium industry. Now it has evolved a lot and I am proud to be one of the frontrunners and bigplayers in Aluminium extrusion industry.
2. How has GALCO evolved through its timeline?
Previously the whole idea was to know the people’s expectation and there need to let Galco know where we can fit into their scheme of things. It was a big hindrance to change the mindset of the people to shift from M.S. to Aluminium. Aluminium has a lot of advantages and to communicate it was really difficult during those times. Now people know Aluminium and its uses so now it’s easier for us to communicate with clients and serve them better
3. What is the GALCO innovation in aluminum extrusion?
We have developed section of minimum 0.8mm which is lowest in India right now. Also we have just started in house powder coating plant which can be of useful to the customer.
4. How according to you will the automotive industry, shape up in the forthcoming years?
Right now automotive industry in India is evolving. Automotive industry is still dependent on Imports of various machineries and equipment’s. Also customers’ needs and wants are also changing a lot in recent years. This will change only if we manufacture all the machineries and equipment’s in India and we export highest quality material to other countries. This will help in changing and boosting our India economy.
5. There is a recent trend of involving cloud in large assembly lines. What is your take on that?
I think it is good that cloud based system is being adapted in Large assembly lines. But it’s a nascent stage. Can’t predict the outcome of the same as of now. Whether it will help the manufacturing in a big way or not we have to wait for the same till the results come out. But cloud based systems is good for the larger assembly as it saves time and data and increases production and assembly capacities too.
6. Die designing and die casting are interesting specializations of GALCO. What sets you apart in this field from your competitors?
As told you earlier we can develop the die which has the minimum thickness of 0.8mm which is lowest in India right now. We can develop customized die too as per customer’s requirement. It helps to save time for us and for customers too as we have in house die designing and die development facility.
7. With markets becoming porous, does GALCO plan to explore wider markets?
Yes we do. We are trying to enter into the global market as of now. We have already in talks with UK, USA and Middle East customers for the same. We feel that if we could provide best quality material at a competitive price then we could serve global customers with their need a lot.
8. What other industries does GALCO position itself in?
Apart from Automobile we serve to Architectural Industry, FMCG, Consumer products, Pharmaceutical Industry, Electrical Industry, Furniture Industry, Display Boards and Signages, Radiators, Heat Sink and Exchangers, Motor Bodies, Luggage Industries Ladder Industries, Defence and various Industrial sections.
9. Digital marketing is the most preferred platform, especially in the B2B business. How do you think it will change the face of the industry say 10 years from now?
It’s improving at a tremendous speed. It has helped a lot. We can do online marketing just by sitting at one place in front of the system and acquire and tap potential customer. But lot needs to be done especially in India regarding services offered in digital Marketing. Also people here are very less acquainted with the technology so it’s an uphill task. USA, UK and China has tapped Digital marketing in a big way hence the bigger response for Alibaba in its first IPO. India needs to do a lot in that front.
10. Which is the singlemost factor that sets Automotive-Technology apart from its competitors?
I think its technology. Everyday technology is been updated. I see new machineries being imported on my every visit to automotive clients. Moreover the use of robots in production and assembly line and specially that too in India has helped the automotive sector in a big way.