Only two years after its creation, FEAL², Forum on European Automotive Industry in Lille Region, strengthens its success and becomes a well-known meeting place for many European and international stakeholders of the automotive sector.
Last 25 June, there were more than 200 participants, SMEs directors, European car manufacturers and significant industrial companies’ representatives, to attend the second edition of the event at the Hotel Barrière in Lille, France.
An international Forum
Many European countries were represented: Germany, Austria, United Kingdom, Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Czech Republic, Slovakia. There was even an attendee from India.
Accurate topics and expert speakers
The key to succes of FEAL² ? The programme and the expertise of the 30 speakers coming from various fields.
- Opening of the Forum by José-Vicente De Los Mozos, Executive Vice President Manufacturing & Supply-Chain of Renault and Juan Antonio Munoz Codina, Industrial Operations Director of PSA-Peugeot Citroën
- Workshops on new mobility, factory of the future, tomororw’s vehicle, or new materials and recycling
- Closing with the philosopher and economist Gérard Thoris.
A success for ARIA and Pôle Automobile Nord-Pas-de-Calais !
As organisers of the event, ARIA (Regional Association for the Automotive Industry) and the Excellence Center Pôle Automobile Nord-Pas-de-Calais have received positive feedback from the participants through the satisfaction survey. It shows it has a bright future!
« A friendly atmosphere, an hard-working Forum with an optimistic message ! »
« A place for exchanges between all actors of the automotive industry in the world »
« A unique occasion to share good practices and shaping together one same guiding line for tomorrow’s automotive industry»
Key number for the 2015 edition :
- More than 200 participants with a majority of company directors
- More than 10 foreign countries represented: Germany, Austria, United Kingdom, Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Czech Republic, Slovakia and India
- 30 speakers
- 30% car manufacturers present
The automotive sector in Lille Region:
- 1st region of France for manufacturing, 2nd for number of employees
- 25% of industry jobs in companies of more than 20 people in the Region produce turnover of €13 bn
- 7 OEMs account for 30% of the French Vehicle Production and 50% of motor and gearbox production
- 160 sub-contractors, suppliers and service providers operate in the automotive sector and represent about 17,000 full time automotive sector jobs
- €1.8bn of investment on automotive projects