WATERTOWN, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- WiTricity, the industry pioneer in wireless power transfer over distance, today announced it will be providing attendees of the 2015 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) a behind-the-scenes look at the commercial future of its technology. Demos will include a Rezence™-ready wireless charging hotspot where attendees can power up their devices, Rezence-enabled consumer and automotive demonstrations, a glimpse at the “Home of the Future,” and the opportunity to get hands-on experience with highly resonant wireless power transfer through the company's Prodigy™ demo units.
2015 is shaping up as the “Year of Wireless Power,” and WiTricity is prepared to lead the way, as evidenced by its recent announcement of the WiTricity A4WP Partner Program. The program makes it easier for organizations to incorporate WiTricity’s patented wireless power technology into products and solutions designed for the A4WP Rezence specification, a wireless power transfer technology that will have a strong presence on the CES show floor. As a board member of the A4WP, WiTricity is working with several major brands to propel Rezence adoption and ensure interoperability across applications. WiTricity also recently announced the WiT-5000C3 development kit, the first in a series of reference design kits for companies looking to kick-start the creation of A4WP Rezence-ready devices.
At this year's CES, WiTricity is showcasing its Rezence capabilities across a range of applications, giving attendees the chance to experience wireless charging in person, as well as offering demonstrations for automotive and a range of cutting-edge applications. Specifically, WiTricity will exhibit:
- WiTricity for home and office: Set up like a typical family room area, the WiTricity Home & Office tableau features Rezence-ready wireless charging through the surfaces of a coffee table and side table. The area also features a through-the-surface desktop charging area to highlight Rezence applications in the workspace.
- Automotive EV and in-vehicle charging: WiTricity will demonstrate how its technology is used to safely and efficiently charge electric vehicles (EVs) and hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) wirelessly with WiTricity’s “park-and-charge” solution. A Rezence-compatible in-vehicle charging system will allow consumers to charge their mobile devices seamlessly from their home to their automobile.
- The Home of the Future: WiTricity’s patented technology includes the concept of resonant repeaters, which can extend the distance of wireless power transfer appreciably. The Home of the Future display will showcase how power can be transferred to a floor lamp and side table smartphone charging station across a room from a corner power source using repeaters embedded under a carpet.
- WiTricity Innovation Lab: WiTricity will show a number of cutting edge applications its team has developed, including retail packaging that lights wirelessly when on a shelf, wire-free security cameras that can be positioned around a house or office, and wireless charging applications for popular consumer devices, including a widely used, on-the-go digital camera.
- The WiTricity Experience: Attendees can get a hands-on demo of WiTricity's wireless power transfer technology with the WiTricity Prodigy demo kits on-hand, allowing attendees to experiment with power transferred over distance and through a variety of materials.
“This CES will kick off the year of wireless power, and we expect Rezence to dominate the conversation," said Alex Gruzen, WiTricity CEO. "WiTricity’s goal is to enable organizations to implement wireless charging into products of all types, and as a result, rid the world of cumbersome wires. It's an exciting time for wireless power."
WiTricity will be located in booth 21407 in South Hall 1 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. For more information or to book a meeting on-site, please send an email to email@example.com.
WiTricity Corporation provides the foundational technology to enable wireless power transfer over distance using magnetic resonance. Through deep domain expertise, a strong IP portfolio and an extensive reference design library, WiTricity works with innovative companies to incorporate WiTricity technology in their products and solutions. With a growing list of global licensees in the consumer electronics, automotive, medical devices and defense industries, the company has emerged as the leader in wireless power transfer over distance. For more information, visit www.witricity.com, or follow WiTricity on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube.